Call for Student Volunteers
PASC23 is pleased to announce that submissions for the Student Volunteer Program are now open.
We are looking for undergraduate, master’s, and doctoral enthusiastic students who are interested in helping us with the administration of the event. Students selected as volunteers will be granted complimentary registration for the conference. Please note that the conference cannot cover travel or accommodation expenses.
Undergraduate and graduate student volunteers will have the opportunity to:
- Attend technical talks by prominent researchers and industry leaders
- Develop lasting peer connections
- Participate in and learn about the coordination of large events
- Networking with researchers at the conference (a great way to find PhD / postdoc opportunities)
When not on duty, student volunteers can attend program sessions, as well as lunches and coffee breaks. If there are specific sessions that a volunteer would particularly like to attend, we invite her/him to let us know, and we will do our best to accommodate the request.
To show our appreciation we invite all volunteers to participate in a closing dinner on the last day of the event.
If you are interested in applying for the Student Volunteer Program, please contact us at email@example.com from your university email address, and indicate “PASC23 Student Volunteer Program” as subject line.
Kindly note that applicants must be available on-site for the majority of the conference and specifically from 07:45 until 13:00 on June 26, 2023.
Selected volunteers will be asked to participate in a 1-hour training session approximately one week prior to the event start.
Please note that this opportunity is available on a first come, first served basis.
We look forward to receiving applications by Sunday, May 14, 2023!
REQUIREMENTS & RESPONSIBILITIES
Volunteers will help with tasks such as:
- Reception desk: welcome, register and provide information to participants
- Direct poster authors to the panels reserved for their posters
- Assist in-person speakers with technology / provide a general check in the room and be ready to call out for help if needed
- Provide tech support for Zoom sessions (open and close Zoom rooms, verify digital speakers’ presence, welcome and provide instructions to digital participants)
- May 14, 2023: Application closing date
Some impressions from the PASC Conference student volunteers
“Volunteering at the three days PASC22 event was such an impactful experience! Especially after pandemic, it was a great opportunity for scientific networking to develop lasting peer connections with renowned researchers and industry specialists. By attending technical talks, I learned about the on-going development in the technological world. Nevertheless, I gained a new perspective for understanding the various aspects involved in coordination of a large event.”
“Thank you and the whole team very much for the organization! It was a wonderful experience for me to work as a volunteer again for PASC. The hybrid mode did bring some challenges for everyone, yet I enjoyed solving the issues with the super kind staff team that was ready to help any minute! For me it was very exciting once we pulled through together as team. I would definitely like to come back again as a volunteer next year!”