Early Career Travel Grants awarded for PASC23
This year’s Early Career Travel Grants were awarded to:
Hannah Cohoon (University of Utah, US), Mikaela Cashman (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, US), Nitin Shukla (CINECA, Italy), and Rachel Kurchin (Carnegie Mellon University, US).
Hannah Cohoon (University of Utah, US) and Mikaela Cashman (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, US) with their mentor Axel Huebl (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, US)
Nitin Shukla (CINECA, Italy) and Rachel Kurchin (Carnegie Mellon University, US) with their mentor Damian Rouson (Lawrence Berkeley National Laboratory, US)
SIGHPC is generously sponsoring four travel grants to help early career professionals attend PASC23. Two applicants traveling from within Europe and two applicants traveling from another continent will be selected. Selected professionals traveling from within Europe will be awarded a maximum allowance of $600, while $1200 will be available for those traveling from other continents. Moreover, PASC23 will cover the registration fee for selected applicants.
SIGHPC and PASC23 will favour applicants who submitted a contribution to PASC23; however, this is not a requirement of the award.
Applications are due by April 6, 2023, with notification provided by May 10, 2023.
You are eligible to obtain an early career travel grant if:
- You are working in the field of high performance computing in any country, and you are a member of SIGHPC
- You have less than 7 years of full-time experience in the field
To apply, you must provide the following:
- Personal information
- A simple budget (estimated amount for travel and for accommodation, and, if necessary, how do you plan to bridge the gap between the money covered by the grant and the expected extra costs)
- A statement of why you wish to attend PASC23 and what benefits you can gain from participating
- A letter of support from your advisor or head of department (referencing any institutional support or recognition that will be provided)
Please click here to access the application form.
To apply, fill-in the application form and send your letter of support (in PDF format) from the same email address entered on the form to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please indicate “PASC23 Early Career Travel Grant” as a subject line.
Selected applicants will be assigned a mentor for PASC23 who will help them get the most out of the conference by suggesting relevant program sessions and introducing them to experts in their research field.